Dr. Greene’s take on how to watch the Super Bowl…
Turn several hours of fun on the couch into several hours of active fun:
- Whenever your team makes a first down, celebrate with 10 jumping jacks, scissor jumps, sit-ups or pushups.
- When your team scores a touchdown, do a 30-second victory dance (exuberant celebrations on the field penalized, exuberant celebrations in the family room get an extra point).
- Speaking of extra points, hug or kiss a friend when your team scores an extra point (virtual mistletoe uprights).
- When your team scores a field goal, do a 60-second dance (they’re doing well, but need a bit of extra help).
- If there’s a safety, do something outlandish. Be creative.
- You can also score a point by being up and moving during a commercial.
- Two extra points for vigorous halftime action.
Keep track of your score. You get two points for each activity, plus a bonus point for each if others agree that you are really going for it. Tally up the total, and we all win
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations
Sign up now for a delightful weekly email with insights for the whole family. Plus Dr. Greene's FREE Top 5 Wellness Tips For 2017.