In nature, there are some biological processes that are almost unstoppable. Once the process is started it creates a cascade of reactions and, like a freight train barreling down...
When the wildfires hit Northern California, I knew it would be only a matter of time before the smoke drifted into the Bay Area and the air quality worsened....
Recently, I sat across from an accomplished high school athlete who had just told me that he did not smoke and had not used any drugs. But when I...
Introduction to PKU: The sweetener aspartame, and many protein-rich foods, can act like poisons to children with PKU. What is PKU? Phenylalanine is an essential amino acid, one of...
Today’s post follows naturally after yesterday’s encouraging words about letting go of perfectionism. One of my biggest snares as a parent is when I compare myself to other moms....
Sometimes in the hubbub of today, we miss simple things that can have a lasting impact. This is true for parents and for doctors. As part of my ongoing board...
My baby is 11 months old. To make sure that she gets proper nutrition, can I keep her on formula even after she turns 1? Would keeping her...
- Epsom Salts Baths: A natural and effective muscle relaxant
- Where there’s Fire, there’s Smoke: Poor air quality and asthma treatment
- “I Did Not Have Sexual Relations with That Woman”
- Phenylketonuria: A-to-Z Guide from Diagnosis to Treatment to Prevention
- Surviving Children: Put Blinders On!
- Too much sodium is bad. Hidden sources of sodium are worse!
- Infant vs. Toddler Formulas
Featured Videos of Dr. Greene
- Rethinking the heart of health: Dr. Alan Greene at TEDxBerkeley
- Dr. Greene at TEDx Brussels
- A message for my mother
- Feeding Baby Green by Alan Greene, MD
- Dr. Greene at Purple Day
- 90 Seconds to Change the World -- TICC TOCC
- Earth Friendly Products & Healthy Child Healthy World Awards 2011
- Chemicals In Your Environment
- Plastic - What's Your Number?
- Eating Organic
Books by Dr. Alan Greene
Feeding Baby Green: The Earth Friendly Program for Healthy, Safe Nutrition During Pregnancy, Childhood and Beyond
This unique guide includes advice on how to transform a baby's eating habits that will positively impact their health & development for the rest of their lives. Dr. Greene has included everything a parent needs to know about creating healthy, nutritious meals that help avoid childhood obesity & prevent childhood disease.
In this illustrated and easy-to-use guide, noted pediatrician Dr. Alan Greene, a leading voice of the green baby movement, advises parents how to make healthy green choices for pregnancy, childbirth, and baby care—from feeding your baby the best food available to using medicines wisely.