My wonderfully active youngster seems to always be "bonking" his head on something. I never know how to respond. Are there some general guidelines for when it is...
Introduction to gastroenteritis: Tummy aches are an unpleasant part of childhood. They can be even less pleasant if accompanied by fever, diarrhea or vomiting. Nevertheless, gastroenteritis is a part...
Not long ago, there weren’t many options in the supermarket for prepared kid foods without chemical colors, artificial flavors, chemical preservatives or other unnecessary additives. Today, parents have a...
Introduction to exanthems: At some point in many of the classic childhood illnesses, the children break out in a rash. The timing and nature of the rash can give...
Introduction to fecal-oral transmission: As parents, we don’t want to believe that stool from other children gets into our children’s mouths—but this is a very common mode of disease...
Introduction to fomites: It is easier to catch a cold by borrowing a crayon or by turning off a faucet after washing your hands than by kissing on the...
Introduction to teething: No topic has gone through wider swings in medical opinion than teething. A little more than a century ago, teething was considered the leading cause of...
- Head Injuries
- Gastroenteritis: A-to-Z Guide from Diagnosis to Treatment to Prevention
- YUCK! — Y Unnecessary Chemicals for Kids!?
- Exanthems: A-to-Z Guide from Diagnosis to Treatment to Prevention
- Fecal-Oral Transmission: A-to-Z Guide from Diagnosis to Treatment to Prevention
- Fomites: A-to-Z Guide from Diagnosis to Treatment to Prevention
- Teething: A-to-Z Guide from Diagnosis to Treatment to Prevention
Featured Videos of Dr. Greene
- Rethinking the heart of health: Dr. Alan Greene at TEDxBerkeley
- Dr. Greene at TEDx Brussels
- A message for my mother
- Feeding Baby Green by Alan Greene, MD
- Dr. Greene at Purple Day
- 90 Seconds to Change the World -- TICC TOCC
- Earth Friendly Products & Healthy Child Healthy World Awards 2011
- Chemicals In Your Environment
- Plastic - What's Your Number?
- Eating Organic
Books by Dr. Alan Greene
Feeding Baby Green: The Earth Friendly Program for Healthy, Safe Nutrition During Pregnancy, Childhood and Beyond
This unique guide includes advice on how to transform a baby's eating habits that will positively impact their health & development for the rest of their lives. Dr. Greene has included everything a parent needs to know about creating healthy, nutritious meals that help avoid childhood obesity & prevent childhood disease.
In this illustrated and easy-to-use guide, noted pediatrician Dr. Alan Greene, a leading voice of the green baby movement, advises parents how to make healthy green choices for pregnancy, childbirth, and baby care—from feeding your baby the best food available to using medicines wisely.