Welcome to PURPLE DAY 2009!
DrGreene.com is proud to sport a bold purple color today in support of Purple Day an international effort dedicated to increasing awareness about epilepsy.
Purple Day was founded by 10-year-old Cassidy Megan, a little girl with epilepsy who wanted to spread the real facts about epilepsy. Here’s what my friend Cassidy wants you to know…
- Epilepsy affects approximately 1 in 100 people.
- At least 1 in every 10 people will have one seizure in their lifetime.
- There are approximately 50 million people around the world living with epilepsy.
- Epilepsy is NOT contagious. Epilepsy is NOT a disease. Epilepsy is NOT a psychological disorder.
Please join us and the Anita Kaufmann Foundation in support of this grassroots effort to raise awareness. Here are five easy ways you can help:
- Wear purple and tell everyone why you’re doing it.
- Change your Facebook status to read: “On March 26, I’m wearing PURPLE to support EPILEPSY AWARENESS. Visit www.purpleday.org to learn more.”
- Visit The Purple Store to buy purple products that support the cause. My favorite is the “Real Men Wear Purple” Hoody!
- Read and share the facts about epilepsy [http://www.purpleday.org/quickfacts.php].
- Watch and share these videos about Purple Day: My short speech at the launch party and the Purple Day TV spot
What did you do to mark the day? Leave your comments about how epilepsy has affected your life or how you spread the word.
Happy Purple Day!
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations