There is nothing more guilt inducing and paralyzing that finding out about how toxic chemicals found in thousands of household and day to day items can dramatically affect your health and the health of your children. It’s down right paralyzing. When I was trying to visualize how I felt when I first found out, this is how I saw myself.
And it’s so easy to get overwhelmed by the sheer enormity of it all.
“I just can’t bear to think of it. It’s just TOO MUCH” Lucy, mother of Ben aged 3
But the thing is there is some incredible work being done to change things and new insights into how to get ourselves out of this chemical romance and change the way we live are happening more and more. There’s actually so much happening to inspire us to be the change we want to see.
“…be the change you want to see in the world…” Mahatma Gandhi
Here are FIVE aspects to this issue that inspire and empower:
- The new science of epigenetics tells us that chemicals in the environment can switch on genes in ways we could never imagine. Here Dr. Pete Myers tells us why that is a great thing:
- We are the single most important chain in the link of consumerism! We are! Here I tell you why that makes us powerful:
- Concerned citizens of the world can make huge and profound changes that can dramatically shift the way the world works. Here Dr. Michael P. Wilson shares a profound yet relatively unknown moment in history that radically protected billions of children from chemical toxicity:
- Politicians would really love our votes. Dr. Gavin ten Tusscher tells us how we play a role:
- We can shape our future. I truly believe this:
Do you feel like you can change your child’s world for the better? Do you want to try but have felt overwhelmed? What do you think of all this? Sound off in the comments and let us how you are feeling!
*Videos created by Penelope Jagessar Chaffer
Photo credit: Penelope Jagessar Chaffer