Finding activities for preschoolers is easier when you think about any activity as a simple game that may or may not have traditional rules! At this age, kids love to play to a goal, but may get so engrossed in the activity that the goal gets forgotten. What a gift!
10 Silly Games for Preschoolers
Here are some of my favorite preschooler-age play ideas. If you don’t have the exact play ingredient listed, ask your preschooler to help you come up with an alternative. That will start a whole new creative activity!
- Who made that footprint? This game is lots of fun and let’s kids figure out which toys footprint is pressed into the play dough.
- Make your own sandwich shop. By using this printable you can pretend to have your own miniature deli and make sandwiches.
- Learn all about constellations by going star gazing during the daylight hours with this paper tube telescope.
- This sight word game is so much fun! Write words on a beach ball and toss it around, identifying a new word each time you catch it.
- Make silly faces! This is a great activity to keep on hand as an easy boredom buster. Use these free printables to make your own silly face character props.
- This color sorting activity is a fun matching game but also works on your little one’s fine motor skills.
- Who is missing? This concentration game is fun to play with preschooler’s and is one of the quickest games to put together – all you need is three small toys.
- Use sticky notes, pom-poms and a straw to build a huge maze your kids can blow the pom-poms through!
- Go outside and have balloon races! Follow these instructions to attach your balloons to string and race them across. You can even throw in a little science by determining what size balloon moves the quickest.
- Create an oversized tic-tac-toe mat with a shower curtain and use two different colored frisbees for a huge game of tic-tac-toe!
What are your favorite ways to play?
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations
Sign up now for a delightful weekly email with insights for the whole family.