Preschool is all about learning through play. The learning activities aren’t just about school skills, but also life skills. These same playful learning ideas can be used at home.
Finding activities for preschoolers is easier when you think about any activity as a simple game that may or may not have traditional rules! At this age, kids love to play to a goal, but may get so engrossed in the activity that the goal gets forgotten. What a gift!
10 Silly Games for Preschoolers
Here are some of my favorite preschooler-age play ideas. If you don’t have the exact play ingredient listed, ask your preschooler to help you come up with an alternative. That will start a whole new creative activity!
- Who made that footprint? This game is lots of fun and let’s kids figure out which toys footprint is pressed into the play dough.
- Make your own sandwich shop. By using this printable you can pretend to have your own miniature deli and make sandwiches.
- Learn all about constellations by going star gazing during the daylight hours with this paper tube telescope.
- This sight word game is so much fun! Write words on a beach ball and toss it around, identifying a new word each time you catch it.
- Make silly faces! This is a great activity to keep on hand as an easy boredom buster. Use these free printables to make your own silly face character props.
- This color sorting activity is a fun matching game but also works on your little one’s fine motor skills.
- Who is missing? This concentration game is fun to play with preschooler’s and is one of the quickest games to put together – all you need is three small toys.
- Use sticky notes, pom-poms and a straw to build a huge maze your kids can blow the pom-poms through!
- Go outside and have balloon races! Follow these instructions to attach your balloons to string and race them across. You can even throw in a little science by determining what size balloon moves the quickest.
- Create an oversized tic-tac-toe mat with a shower curtain and use two different colored frisbees for a huge game of tic-tac-toe!
What are your favorite ways to play?