Tasty Vegetable and Tofu Quesadillas Recipe
You can cut these vegetable and tofu quesadillas into quarters and serve on a small platter. They look so humble, who could know how tasty they are?
Tasty Vegetable and Tofu Quesadillas Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Course: Appetizer
- Skill Level: Easy
- 5 Tbsp olive oil
- 3 medium zucchini, diced
- 1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
- 1 1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or Tamari
- 1 tsp dried crumbled oregano
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 12-ounces firm tofu, drained and diced
- 2 cups (8-ounces) shredded or thin sliced mozzarella cheese
- 8 fresh whole wheat tortillas
- Calories: 262
- Protein: 12
- Fat: 17
- Sodium: 214
- Carbohydrates: 15
- Fiber: 2
- Sugar: 1
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the zucchini, tomato, soy sauce, herb, and few grinds of pepper. Cook 5 minutes to soften and brown slightly, stirring a few times.
- Add the tofu; gently stir to combine and warm.
- Remove pan from the heat.
- Lay out the tortillas on the work surface and divide the filling equally between them, spreading in an even layer on the lower half of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the vegetable-tofu mixture and fold over to make a half-moon shape.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- Place the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl and lightly brush both sides of the quesadillas with it.
- Place in the oven and bake until hot, crisped, and cheese is melted, about 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately, 2 quesadilla halfmoons for each persons, and cut into halves or thirds, if desired.
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations