Spicy Pescado al Cilantro Recipe
This spicy pescado al cilantro recipe is of a Mexican style, but simpler. The sauce is spicy, and the jalapeños are salty, so there’s no need to add salt during preparation.
Spicy Pescado al Cilantro Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: Mexican
- Course: Entrée
- Skill Level: Easy
- 4 fillets of firm, white-fleshed fish, such as flounder, tilapia, cod or haddock
- 2/3 cup cilantro leaves, rinsed and de-stemmed
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and chopped
- 6 tablespoons pickled jalapeño peppers, with the juice (about 2/3 of a 7-ounce can)
- Black pepper to taste
- Lemon wedges and additional cilantro leaves for garnish
- Calories: 261
- Protein: 51
- Fat: 5
- Sodium: 196
- Carbohydrates: 1
- Preheat the broiler.
- Put the cilantro leaves, garlic, and pickled jalapeños with their juice into a blender. Process them into a paste.
- Place the fish onto a broiler pan and spread the blended sauce over the fillets. Grind black pepper over them.
- Broil for 5 to 10 minutes, depending on the thickness of the fillets, until just cooked through.
- Sprinkle additional cilantro leaves over cooked fillets for garnish, and serve with cut lemon wedges.
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations