Savory Smoked Paprika Almonds Recipe
This recipes for smoked paprika almonds uses raw, organic almonds and plenty of yummy spices. These are a real treat to your taste buds. And as an extra bonus, your house smells wonderful after making these!
Savory Smoked Paprika Almonds Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: California Cuisine
- Course: Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 cups whole raw almonds
- 2 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 tsp celtic sea salt
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- ¼ tsp cayenne
- Calories: 221
- Protein: 7 g
- Fat: 19 g
- Sodium: 155 mg
- Carbohydrates: 9 g
- Fiber: 5 g
- Sugar: 1 g
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat (I used my cast iron skillet, though any skillet will work).
- Add garlic to the skillet and saute for 3-5 minutes, until the garlic is almost brown. If your garlic begins to burn at any time, be sure to remove it or the burnt garlic flavor will ruin this dish.
- Add the smoked paprika, salt, chili and cayenne and stir to make a paste.
- Add the almonds and stir constantly until they are thoroughly coated.
- Continue toasting the almonds in the skillet until they are fragrant, about 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow the nuts to cool in the pan.
Published on: August 12, 2010
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness RecommendationsSignup now to get Dr. Greene's healing philosophy, insight into medical trends, parenting tips, seasonal highlights, and health news delivered to your inbox every month.