Broccoli Rabe with Garlic Recipe
Broccoli rabe is a traditional Italian vegetable related to both the cabbage and turnip family. It’s a bitter vegetable with 6- to 9-inch stalks and scattered clusters of tiny broccoli-like buds. Sautéing it in garlic is a great way to mellow the bitterness.
Broccoli Rabe with Garlic Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Side Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe, trim off tough stems on bottom
- 2 Tbls olive oil
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1/4 tsp celtic sea salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- Calories: 190
- Protein: 7
- Fat: 9
- Sodium: 260
- Carbohydrates: 25
- Fiber: 12
- Sugar: 4
- Heat oil in a large skillet.
- Add garlic to skillet and cook over medium heat until lightly browned, a few minutes.
- Add the greens to skillet, and cook until wilted.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Transfer to a bowl and serve.
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations