Salad greens, blueberries, and feta cheese make this is a great recipe for the entire family. Guests will love it too.
Blue and White Salad Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. raspberry-flavored or blueberry- flavored vinegar
- 1/4 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. mild-flavored honey
- 1/2 tsp. fresh mint leaves, finely minced
- cup plus 10 fresh blueberries
- 8 cups torn, mixed salad greens
- 2 oz. crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Calories: 134
- Protein: 5
- Fat: 9
- Sodium: 252
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 4
- To make the vinaigrette, place in a blender the vinegar, broth, oil, honey, mint and 10 blueberries.
- Blend at low speed just until emulsified.
- Transfer to a jar with a tight lid and refrigerate until needed.
- Store chilled, vinaigrette will keep up to 2 to 3 days.
- Just before serving time, toss mixed greens and remaining blueberries in a large bowl.
- Shake vinaigrette until thoroughly re-blended, drizzle over salad and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta over top and serve.
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness Recommendations
Sign up now for a delightful weekly email with insights for the whole family.