Blue and White Salad Recipe
Salad greens, blueberries, and feta cheese make this is a great recipe for the entire family. Guests will love it too.
Blue and White Salad Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Salad
- Skill Level: Easy
- 2 Tbsp. raspberry-flavored or blueberry- flavored vinegar
- 1/4 cup fat-free, reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp. mild-flavored honey
- 1/2 tsp. fresh mint leaves, finely minced
- cup plus 10 fresh blueberries
- 8 cups torn, mixed salad greens
- 2 oz. crumbled reduced-fat feta cheese
- Calories: 134
- Protein: 5
- Fat: 9
- Sodium: 252
- Carbohydrates: 12
- Fiber: 4
- To make the vinaigrette, place in a blender the vinegar, broth, oil, honey, mint and 10 blueberries.
- Blend at low speed just until emulsified.
- Transfer to a jar with a tight lid and refrigerate until needed.
- Store chilled, vinaigrette will keep up to 2 to 3 days.
- Just before serving time, toss mixed greens and remaining blueberries in a large bowl.
- Shake vinaigrette until thoroughly re-blended, drizzle over salad and toss lightly.
- Sprinkle crumbled feta over top and serve.
Published on: October 22, 2003
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness RecommendationsSignup now to get Dr. Greene's healing philosophy, insight into medical trends, parenting tips, seasonal highlights, and health news delivered to your inbox every month.