Basil Green Beans Recipe
This basil green beans recipe is a new twist on a classic veggie. The great flavor of basil with the sweet taste of green beans is a must try.
Basil Green Beans Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Side Dish
- Skill Level: Easy
- 1 lb. fresh green beans
- 1 Tbsp. minced spring onion
- 1/2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 tsp. dried basil leaves
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- Dash pepper
- Calories: 46
- Protein: 2
- Fat: 1
- Sodium: 7
- Carbohydrates: 8
- Fiber: 1
- Trim and snap green beans into thirds. (You can do this ahead of time.)
- Mince onion.
- Put water on to boil to steam beans. As soon as water boils, steam beans for 10 to 15 minutes or until tender.
- Sauté onions until tender. in olive oil.
- Add steamed beans, basil, garlic powder and pepper.
- Toss beans with basil sauce to coat evenly and serve.
Published on: September 25, 2003
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness RecommendationsSignup now to get Dr. Greene's healing philosophy, insight into medical trends, parenting tips, seasonal highlights, and health news delivered to your inbox every month.