Baked Apple Recipe
What says comfort like a warm baked apple with cinnamon and nutmeg? This scrumptious treat will please the kids — without the sugar of traditional desserts. Great to get your kids hooked on!
Baked Apple Recipe Summary
- Cuisine: American
- Course: Dessert
- Skill Level: Easy
- 2 large firm apples [Rome and granny smith apples hold shape well]
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- ¼ cup crushed or silvered almonds or walnuts
- 1 cup raisins, soaked in hot water until plump
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 1/3-cup honey
- Calories: 133
- Protein: 1
- Fat: 4
- Sodium: 182
- Carbohydrates: 26
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Use an apple corer to remove the stem and seeds of the apples.
- Place in a nonstick pan that has been coated with butter-flavored nonstick spray.
- In a small mixing bowl combine remaining ingredients.
- Spoon into center of apples.
- Bake in 350 oven until apples are tender.
- Remove from oven and let rest for a few minutes.
- Serve with vanilla yogurt or fresh raspberry puree.
Published on: August 15, 2001
Get Dr. Greene's Wellness RecommendationsSignup now to get Dr. Greene's healing philosophy, insight into medical trends, parenting tips, seasonal highlights, and health news delivered to your inbox every month.