- Makes: 6-8 Servings
- Ready In: 50 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 35-40 mins
A morning treat that’s fun to make! Also good as an after school snack.\
- Calories: 294
- Fat: 14g
- Protein: 4g
- Sodium: 292mg
- Carbohydrates: 36g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1½ cups flour
1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
½ cup butter or margarine at room temperature
1½ teaspoon baking powder
½ teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon salt
1 large egg
2/3 cup milk
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Lightly grease and flour the bottom of an 8-inch square or round baking pan.
- In a large bowl, blend together the flour and sugar.
- Using a pastry cutter or two knives scissor-fashion, cut in the butter until the mixture resembles fine meal.
- Measure out 1 cup of this mixture and set it aside to use as the topping.
- Add the baking powder, cinnamon, and salt to the mixture remaining in the bowl.
- In a small bowl, beat the egg until foamy before beating in the milk.
- Combine the two mixtures, blending until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared baking pan and sprinkle the top with the reserved one-cup topping mixture.
- Bake for 35-40 mins or until a cake tester or wooden toothpick inserted into the cake comes out clean.
- Remove the pan for the oven and cool on a wire rack for 5-7 mins.
- Serve warm.
Print or email this post: