- Makes: 6-8 Servings
- Ready In: 30 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
This recipe is a version of the beloved boxed soup that is just as tasty and relatively quick and easy. The croutons add a little bit of grown-up sophistication and a textural crunch, which are just what this velvety soup needs.
- Calories: 153
- Fat: 9g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 1544mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 3g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
1 carrot, peeled and chopped
1 shallot, chopped
1 1/2 cups chopped onion (about 1 large onion)
2 teaspoons garlic powder
Two 14 1/2-ounce cans diced roasted tomatoes with their juice
One 17-ounce jar roasted red peppers, drained and coarsely chopped
2 cups vegetable broth
3/4 cup heavy cream
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
Garlic and Parmesan Croutons for garnish
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat.
- Add the carrot, shallot, onion, and garlic powder. Cook for about 4 to 5 minutes, until the carrots have softened slightly [not sure what that means] and the onion is translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, roasted red peppers, and broth, bring to a boil, lower the heat, and simmer, uncovered, and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the cream.
- Working in batches, transfer the soup to a blender and puree until smooth.
- Stir in the salt and pepper.
- Ladle the so
Print or email this post: