- Makes: 12-16 Servings
- Ready In: 20 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
These cookies, made a traditional way, are a great way to ‘ease’ into vegan foods. Best of all, without the raw eggs, you can eat the cookie dough guilt-free!
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 6g
- Protein: 5g
- Sodium: 134mg
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 17g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2-1/4-2.5 cups whole wheat flour (depends on how runny your batter is-you may need more or less flour)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 cup Earth Balance, softened (or an alternative non-dairy butter style product) I can even find this at Kroger here in Ohio and Whole Foods in NY and LA.
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar (packed)
2 teaspoons vanilla extract (You can use only 1- depends on how much vanilla flavor you prefer. I LOVE vanilla!)
Egg Replacer for 2 eggs One of the more common ones is ENER-G brand. It's basically a powdered mixture of vegetable starches that act like eggs when baking.
12-ounce package of Ghirardelli semi-sweet chocolate chips. These are dairy free and found at almost all grocery stores.
- Combine dry ingredients in small bowl. (Flour, baking soda)
- Beat Earth Balance, sugars and vanilla in larger mixer bowl.
- Add the egg replacers one at a time, beating well after each addition just like you would with eggs.
- Beat in flour mixture gradually followed by chips.
- Use ungreased baking sheets and drop spoonfuls of the cookie dough on the sheets at your preferred cookie size.
- Bake in preheated 375-degree oven until golden brown. (About 10 minutes)\
- Remove and let stand for a 2-4 minutes before moving to wire racks for further cooling.