- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 42 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 32-37 mins
A delicious and hearty meal perfect for backwards day !
- Calories: 236
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 17g
- Sodium: 382mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil, divided 10 ounces ground turkey ½ cup onion, chopped ½ cup plus 1 tablespoon flour, divided 1 cup tomato sauce ¼ cup green bell pepper, chopped ¼ teaspoon each basil leaves and fennel seed 1/8 teaspoon oregano leaves, crumbled 3 ounces mozzarella cheese, shredded 1 egg ½ cup milk ½ teaspoon salt 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 10 inch skillet heat ½ teaspoon oil.
- Add turkey and onion and , using the back of wooden spoon crumble meat, cook, stirring occasionally, until onion is tender and turkey is no longer pink.
- Sprinkle mixture with 1 tablespoon flour and stir quickly to combine; cook, stirring constantly, for 1 min.
- Gradually stir in tomato sauce; add bell pepper, basil, fennel seed, and oregano and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat and cook, stirring frequently for 1 min.
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Spray 9x5x3 inch loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray and transfer turkey mixture into pan; sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- In small mixing bowl, using electric mixer, beat eggs; add remaining ½ cup flour and 1 ½ teaspoons oil along with milk and salt and continue beating until mixture is smooth.
- Pour batter over turkey loaf and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese; bake until loaf is puffed and golden, 25-30 mins.