- Makes: 6 Servings
- Ready In: 32 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 22-24 mins
When presented with a tortilla, it seems like a challenge to stuff it with as many tasty morsels of meat and vegetables as it will hold, until the juices are dripping out the bottom and down your arm. When you taste this sweet and tangy teriyaki sauce you will know that it was meant to live another day.
- Calories: 332
- Fat: 13g
- Protein: 24g
- Sodium: 665mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 11g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
1/3 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup water
1/4 cup soya sauce
2 tbsp canola oil
1 tbsp all-purpose flour
2 tsp minced fresh ginger
2 minced cloves garlic
2 tsp toasted sesame seeds
1 (1 lb.) flank steak
1 tbsp canola oil (optional)
Salt and pepper
1/4 Napa cabbage, thinly sliced crosswise
1 large red bell pepper, cut into thin slices
1 large carrot, grated
6 large whole wheat tortillas
- Sauce: In a small saucepan, combine rice vinegar, brown sugar, water, soya sauce, canola oil, flour, ginger, garlic, and sesame seeds.
- Whisk the sauce together and place over medium heat.
- Simmer until the sauce is slightly thickened, 8 to 10 minutes. Keep warm.
- The steak: Season flank steak with salt and pepper.
- Heat a grill pan (or frying pan) over medium-high heat. If using a pan without a nonstick surface, add 1 tablespoon canola oil.
- Lay the flank steak in the pan and let cook until medium-rare, about 7 minutes per side.
- Remove the steak from the pan and let it rest for 10 minutes before slicing across the grain into 1/4-inch slices.
- The wrap: Divide the vegetables and flank steak slices across 6 large flour tortillas.
- Drizzle 3 tablespoons teriyaki sauce over each set of ingredients.
- Fold in the sides and tightly roll the tortillas. Serve.