- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 15 mins
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
A quick dinner that will make the entire family happy.
- Calories: 316
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 27g
- Sodium: 244mg
- Carbohydrates: 27g
- Fiber: 6g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
3/4 lb. skinless, boneless chicken breast, cut in 3/4-inch pieces
1 16-oz. bag frozen mixed vegetables with peppers and zucchini
1 tsp. finely minced garlic
1/2 cup pre-sliced, fresh mushrooms
1 tsp. dried basil
1 tsp. dried oregano
1/2 cup fat-free, reduced sodium chicken broth
2 Tbsp. grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
2 cups cooked instant brown rice
- Place large skillet over high heat.
- Add oil, swirl to coat pan and heat oil until very hot.
- Add chicken and stir-fry until it loses pink color.
- With slotted spoon, remove chicken from pan and set aside.
- Add vegetables and garlic to pan.
- Stir-fry until garlic is fragrant, about 2 minutes.
- Add mushrooms.
- Stir-fry another 2 minutes.
- Return chicken to pan.
- Add basil, oregano and chicken broth.
- Stir-fry until chicken is opaque throughout, about 4 minutes.
- Add cheese and toss.
- Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately over brown rice, including juices from pan.