- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 23 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 13-15 mins
You can cut these quesadillas into quarters and serve on a small platter. They look so humble, who could know how tasty they are.
- Calories: 262
- Fat: 17g
- Protein: 12g
- Sodium: 214mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 1g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 5 tablespoons olive oil
3 medium zucchini, diced
1 plum tomato, seeded and diced
1 1/2 teaspoons reduced-sodium soy sauce or tamari
1 teaspoon dried crumbled oregano
Freshly ground black pepper
12-ounces firm tofu, drained and diced
2 cups (8-ounces) shredded or thin sliced mozzarella cheese
8 fresh whole wheat tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 400º.
- Line a large baking sheet with foil.
- In a 12-inch skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of the olive oil over medium-high heat.
- Add the zucchini, tomato, soy sauce, herb, and few grinds of pepper. Cook 5 minutes to soften and brown slightly, stirring a few times.
- Add the tofu; gently stir to combine and warm.
- Remove pan from the heat.
- Lay out the tortillas on the work surface and divide the filling equally between them, spreading in an even layer on the lower half of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the vegetable-tofu mixture and fold over to make a half-moon shape.
- Place on the baking sheet.
- Place the remaining 3 tablespoons of olive oil in a small bowl and lightly brush both sides of the quesadillas with it.
- Place in the oven and bake until hot, crisped, and cheese is melted, about 8 minutes.
- Serve immediately, 2 quesadilla halfmoons for each persons, and cut into halves or thirds, if desired.