- Makes: 1 loaf (10 Servings)
- Ready In: 1 hr 20 mins
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 60 mins
Another gluten-free treat to add bread into the lives of those with wheat allergies or celiac disease.
To learn morn about what gluten-free means, read Dr. Greene’s article here.
- Calories: 205
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 263mg
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 2g
- Sugar: 11g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 Cup gluten free all purpose flour, Pamela's All Purpose Baking Blend works well for this recipe
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 Cup canola oil
2 eggs, beaten until foamy (or for Egg-Free version: mix together 2 Tbsp flax meal with 6 Tbsp HOT water (mix and let stand for 10 minutes to thicken/gel)
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 Cup sugar
2 Tbsp cinnamon
4 oz crushed pineapple, drained well
1 Cup zucchini, grated and moisture removed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease one 9x5 loaf pan
- Combine flour, baking soda, baking powder, and salt in large bowl.
- In another bowl, combine oil, beaten eggs, vanilla, sugar, and cinnamon.
- Blend in pineapple and zucchini.
- Gently fold wet mixture into dry ingredients.
- Pour into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour, or until top is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. If top is browning too quickly, lightly cover with aluminum foil towards the end.
- Let bread cool for a few minutes, then run knife around edges of pan and remove bread. Place on rack and let cool completely before slicing.