- Makes: 2 Servings
- Ready In: 12 mins
- Prep Time: 5-10 mins
- Cook Time: 7 mins
Pairs well with risotto and kale!
- Calories: 238
- Fat: 18g
- Protein: 7g
- Sodium: 148mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 6g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 c pepitas (or 2 c sunflower seeds)
1 Tbsp canola oil
3 Tbsp sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1/4 tsp cumin
3/4 tsp smoked paprika
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Toss pepitas with oil and 2 Tbsp sugar.
- Bake for about 7 min, until fragrant and toasted.
- In the meantime, mix remaining sugar, salt, cumin and smoked paprika.
- When the pepitas come out of the oven, immediately toss with the spice mix.
- Allow to cool before serving. Can be stored in an airtight container for about a week.
*Note: Nuts and seeds are considered high allergen foods. Some recommend waiting to introduce them until after 12 mos, sometimes even longer. Alternatively, based on new research, some experts suggest that even high allergen foods can be introduced early, especially if there is no personal of family history of food allergies. Speak to your pediatrician about what's right for your child.