- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 10 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time:
Adding condiments made from raw vegetables gives meals extra enzymes, nutrients and (most noteworthy) flavor. This bright red relish made from bell peppers adds all of the above to any meal.
This brightly colored concoction is easy to make, keeps well in the refrigerator and adds a zesty flavor and crispy texture to anything. Amazing served with cheese and crackers, on sandwiches or next to rice and other grains.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Feeding the Whole Family (third edition) by Cynthia Lair (Sasquatch Books, 2008).
- Calories: 46
- Protein: g
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 10g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 cup finely diced red, orange or yellow bell pepper
1 jalapeno pepper, diced fine
3 tablespoon sugar
3 tablespoons unfiltered apple cider vinegar
Pinch of sea salt
- Cut peppers and jalapenos into a tiny ¼ “dice and place in a clean jar.
- Add sugar, vinegar and salt and stir to mix.
- Put a lid on the jar and keep in the refrigerator.
- The flavors deepen with time.