- Makes: 4-6 Servings
- Ready In: 17 mins
- Prep Time: 5-10 mins
- Cook Time: 12-15 mins
This recipe is packed with fiber from all different sources…quinoa, oats, flax. Cook it up with a bit of orange juice and you have a completely unexpected flavor sensation. Fiber can be fun, fast and fantastic!
- Calories: 265
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 11g
- Sodium: 12mg
- Carbohydrates: 44g
- Fiber: 8g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 ½ cup organic rolled oats (if using quick oats see note at bottom)
½ cup organic quinoa, rinsed
4 cups water (or you can do ½ water and ½ milk or soy milk)
1 tablespoon ground flaxseed
Pinch of salt
½ teaspoon cinnamon
*Dried fruit and honey (*optional)
- Place all ingredients (except flaxseed, dried fruit and honey) in a pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 12-15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in flaxseed.
- If using, serve with dried fruit and honey
*If using quick oats start with the quinoa and liquid. Add the oats after the quinoa has cooked for 10 minutes and cook for 5 more minutes.