- Makes: 8-10 Servings
- Ready In: 17 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 7-10 mins
One favorite thing about summer salads is that they are basically foolproof. The formula of combining fresh vegetables and dressing always yields a delicious dish for any table. This corn salad definitely falls into this category, it is simple, tasty and easy to assemble. The flavor improves over time. It also doubles or triples well if you need to make it for a big crowd.
- Calories: 282
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 6g
- Sodium: 17mg
- Carbohydrates: 41g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 7g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 8 ears of corn, cooked and kernels stripped
1 c. cherry tomatoes, halved
1 medium red onion, sliced thin
1/3 c. basil, chopped
1/3 c. olive oil
4 T. red-wine vinegar
Zest of one lemon
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Boil corn in a pot of salted water for 7 minutes, or until kernels are fully cooked.
- Cut kernels off the cob with a sharp knife.
- Place in a large bowl.
- Add tomatoes, onions and basil, mix to combine.
- Whisk together dressing in a separate bowl and pour over corn, stir to combine.
- Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.
- Can be made ahead of time and stored in the refrigerator until serving.