- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 12 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 2-3 mins
Ripe tomatoes, corn, green onions, and basil put summer on your plate with this delicious bean dish. The exact proportions aren’t important as long as you get the mix of flavors. Serve hot over rice or quinoa as a main dish or on its own as a salad. Great choice for a locavore or vegan.
- Calories: 235
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 12g
- Sodium: 230mg
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 6g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
2 cups cooked, drained black beans (see Cuban Black Beans recipe)
2 teaspoons olive oil
3 green or spring onions, about 1 cup chopped
2 large ripe tomatoes, about 2 cups chopped
2 ears fresh corn
1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, about 1/4 cup, sliced into ribbons
- Heat olive oil in medium skillet.
- Add chopped spring onion and cook until softened and fragrant, about 1 minute.
- Stir in beans and tomatoes.
- Cut corn kernels off cobs and add to skillet.
- Cook just until all ingredients are warm.
- Taste, adding salt if needed.
- Serve warm, at room temperature, or chilled, topped with basil ribbons.
Print or email this post: