- Makes: 6 Servings
- Ready In: 27 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 17-20 mins
In Ayurveda, the ancient healing philosophy of India, there are six key tastes: sweet, salty, sour, pungent, bitter, and astringent. All of these elements are represented in this beautiful curry. This dish can be served with Coconut Basmati Rice with Almonds or a simple green salad and is filling enough to be a complete meal. The sweetness of the raisins in the rice adds such a lovely balance to the spicy curry chicken.
- Calories: 247
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 35g
- Sodium: 131mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 5g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 large yellow onion, cut in half, and then sliced 1/4 inch thick
2 teaspoons mustard seeds
2 teaspoons minced garlic
2 teaspoons minced ginger
1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 1/2 teaspoons ground coriander
1 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
4 skinless boneless chicken breast halves (about 1 3/4 pounds), cut into 1/2-inch strips
1 1/2 cups plain yogurt
- To prepare the chicken, heat the vegetable oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Add the onion and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the mustard seeds and cook for 2 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, ginger, cumin, coriander, and curry powder.
- Add the chicken and cook, stirring constantly, for about 7 minutes, or until cooked through.
- Lower the heat, add the yogurt, and stir until mixed thoroughly.
Print or email this post: