- Makes: 2 dozen (12 Servings)
- Ready In: 25 mins
- Prep Time: 15-20 mins
- Cook Time: 10-12 mins
A family favorite, these cookies are fun to make year round! Add your kids favorite flavor of jam or mix it up and have a few different flavors for them to try.
- Calories: 146
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 48mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 8g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
2/3 cup butter
1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
½ cup sugar
2 egg yolks
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 slightly beaten egg whites
1 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/3 to ½ cup strawberry, cherry, or apricot jam or preserves
- In a mixing bowl beat butter with an electric mixer on medium to high speed for 30 seconds.
- Add about half of the flour, the sugar, egg yolks and vanilla.
- Beat till thoroughly combined. Beat in remaining flour.
- Stir in pecans.
- Cover and chill about 1 hour or till easy to handle.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls.
- Roll balls in egg whites, then in walnuts.
- Place 1-inch apart on a greased cookie sheet.
- Press centers with your thumb.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for 10 to 12 or till edges are lightly browned.
- Cool cookies on a wire rack.
- Just before serving, fill centers with jam or preserves.
New Cook Book (Better Homes & Gardens New Cookbooks)