- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 25 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 15-20 mins
A wonderful scallops dish that’s easy to make — but makes you feel like a fancy chef. Plus it can help introduce your kids to mushrooms!
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 2g
- Protein: 30g
- Sodium: 350mg
- Carbohydrates: 8g
- Fiber: 1g
- Sugar: 1g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 lb scallops
1 1/2 cups mushrooms, sliced
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 teaspoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons snipped chives
2 teaspoons minced parsley
1/2 cup white wine or vermouth
1/4 cup water
2 teaspoons cornstarch
3/4 cups skim milk
salt and white pepper to taste
4 teaspoons fine whole wheat bread crumbs
Paprika to taste
- Sauté mushrooms in margarine 5 minutes.
- Add scallops, chives, parsley, wine, lemon juice and water.
- Cover and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove the scallops and mushrooms with slotted spoon and set aside.
- Boil the liquid in the skillet until it is reduced to about 1/2 cup.
- Blend in cornstarch and milk (stir together first).
- Add to skillet liquid, cook and stir until mixture thickens and bubbles.
- Now place the scallop mixture in individual ramekins or small heat proof dishes.
- Pour the sauce over the scallop mixture.
- Sprinkle with crumbs and paprika, and heat under broiler briefly.