- Makes: 4-5 Servings
- Ready In: 40 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 30-40 mins
This is a gorgeous vegetarian dish – tasty, impressive, satisfying. Also makes a beautiful side dish. Enjoy!
- Calories: 256
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 14g
- Sodium: 312mg
- Carbohydrates: 37g
- Fiber: 14g
- Sugar: 6g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 3 cups cooked French lentils
1 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh sage
2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh thyme
1/3 cup sultana (golden) raisins
2-3 scallions, chopped
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
2-3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon maple syrup
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
½ teaspoon salt
4 roasted squash halves
¼ cup walnuts, toasted in oven
- Need to know how to cook the lentils? One cup French lentils and 2 cups water or stock and a bay leaf, bring to boil, turn down to simmer, cover and let it do its thing until all the water is absorbed
- Place cooked lentils in a large bowl. Taste and adjust salt if necessary.
- Heat a skillet over medium heat.
- Add butter.
- When butter begins to sizzle add herbs, raisins and scallions.
- Sauté until raisins are soft and scallions are bright – a minute or two.
- Turn heat off and add olive oil, vinegar, syrup, mustard and salt.
- Stir well to incorporate and pour over cooked lentils. Toss gently.
- Serve lentils in the center of the roasted squash.
- Garnish with toasted walnuts that have been roughly chopped if desired.