- Makes: 3 cups (6-8 Servings)
- Ready In: 25 mins
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 5-10 mins
A delicious combination of Southwestern flavors, perfect for a potluck, lunchbox entree or a summer meal. Serve with corn tortillas or Polenta with Asiago cheese. Frozen corn can be thawed and used if fresh corn is unavailable.
- Calories: 177
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 6g
- Sodium: 138mg
- Carbohydrates: 22g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 2g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
1 red pepper, roasted, peeled and cut into small strips
1 cup fresh corn off the cob
2 cups cooked black beans
1 jalapeno pepper (finely diced)
1/3 cup chopped cilantro
2-3 cloves garlic minced with 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
3 tablespoons lime juice
½ teaspoon ground cumin
¼ teaspoon cayenne
- For an electric oven; Place red pepper in shallow pan and put in oven under the broiler.
- Let the skin char.
- Turn pepper every few minutes until skin is completely charred.
- Remove pepper from oven and place in brown paper bag. Close bag and let pepper sweat for 15-30 minutes.
- Remove pepper and peel off charred skin under cool running water. Cut pepper open and remove seeds and stem.
- To make salad: When cutting the corn off of the cob, be sure to discard small pieces of silks.
- Combine strips of roasted red pepper, corn, beans, jalapeno, and cilantro in medium-size mixing bowl; set aside.
- Place garlic and salt on a cutting board; chop to a paste-like consistency.
- In a separate small bowl, mix together garlic paste, oil, lime juice, cumin and cayenne.
- Pour dressing over beans and vegetables; toss gently.