- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 50 mins
- Prep Time: 5-10 mins
- Cook Time: 45-60 mins
Roasted potatoes are heavenly. Serve them for brunch with scrambled eggs or for dinner with Nori-Wrapped Wasabi Salmon or Caribbean Lime Halibut. The time involved is just roasting in the oven, not you in the kitchen.
Recipe reprinted with permission from Feeding the Whole Family (third edition) by Cynthia Lair (Sasquatch Books, 2008).
- Calories: 415
- Fat: 11g
- Protein: 9g
- Sodium: 28mg
- Carbohydrates: 74g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 5g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 12 small red potatoes, halved
5-6 cloves garlic, minced
2 tablespoons fresh rosemary leaves, minced
3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash red potatoes, scrubbing off any dirt and removing any eyes and cut into halves.
- At this point you have the option of boiling the pieces in water for about 3 minutes. This will hasten your roasting time.
- Place potatoes (quick boiled or not) in a baking dish.
- Chop garlic and rosemary leaves together until very fine.
- Put oil in a small bowl and add garlic and rosemary.
- Drizzle over potatoes and shake pan to coat.
- Roast for 45-60 minutes (time depends on the size of the potatoes) until potatoes are tender inside, browned on the outside.