- Makes: 6 Servings
- Ready In: 45 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 35-45 mins
Looking to add some veggies, spice, and everything nice to your kitchen? Bell peppers provide a perfect canvas for the flavors of the onion, oregano, and basil in the filling. There’s more to this dish than just veggies though, as the brown rice gives the dish a hearty taste while providing your family with a great grain. Best of all, the cottage cheese adds a richness to each bite, so that you and your kids will savor each forkful.
- Calories: 204
- Fat: 8g
- Protein: 8g
- Sodium: 510mg
- Carbohydrates: 9g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 3 green bell peppers
3 red bell peppers
1-cup low-fat, small curd cottage cheese
1 cup chopped onion
2 medium tomatoes, diced
1-½ cups cooked brown rice
1 clove garlic, minced
1-teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1 ½ cups tomato sauce (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut tops off peppers and clean out seeds.
- Blanch in pot of boiling water for 5 minutes.
- Remove from water and drain. In a medium mixing bowl combine chopped pepper, cottage cheese, onion, tomatoes, rice, garlic, herbs, salt, and black pepper, and mix well.
- Stuff mixture into the bell peppers.
- Place peppers upright in a casserole dish that has been sprayed with nonstick spray.
- Pour tomato sauce over peppers if desired.
- Cover and bake for 30-40 minutes.
- Cool for 5 minutes and serve.