- Makes: 2 Servings
- Ready In: 30 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20-30 mins
Try this exotic dish to get some fun grains, greens, and proteins into your diet!
- Calories: 475
- Fat: 5g
- Protein: 33g
- Sodium: 291mg
- Carbohydrates: 73g
- Fiber: 4g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 Cups Bhutanese Red Rice
2 Cups washed and cut chard
1 lb fish fillet of your choice
3 Cups water or vegetable stock
¼ tsp Salt and pepper to taste
- Add rice and water (or vegetable stock) and salt to the rice cooker pot, put the lid on the rice cooker and switch to cook
- As the rice is cooking, wash and cut the chard into pieces. Rinse the fish and pat dry.
- Put the fish in the center of the vegetable steamer and the chard around it.
- Approximately half way through the cooking of the rice, take the lid off the rice cooker and place the steamer on top of the rice pot and cover the steamer with the rice cooker glass lid.
- Since everyone likes their vegetables and fish cooked differently you can take the steamer off the rice cooker at any time you think your vegetable and fish are done, and recover the rice pot until it switches to warm.
- Once the rice cooker switches to warm your rice is cooked and ready to eat with your fish and vegetable. Enjoy.