- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 30 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 20 mins
An inviting and healthy recipe for the holidays — that’s also gluten, egg, and dairy free!
- Calories: 335
- Fat: 18g
- Protein: 6g
- Sodium: 787mg
- Carbohydrates: 38g
- Fiber: 6g
- Sugar: 14g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
1 onion, finely chopped
1 celery rib, finely chopped
1 1/2 Cups quinoa, uncooked (rinsed)
2 Cups gluten free chicken broth, or vegetable broth
1/2 Cup orange juice
1/2 Cup dried cranberries
1/2 Cup pine nuts, toasted
1 tsp orange zest
1/2 tsp salt, or to taste
1/4 tsp ground black pepper, or to taste
- Heat oil in a medium saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the onion and celery and cook until the onion begins to be translucent and lightly browned.
- Add the quinoa and stir to coat in the oil
- Add the vegetable or chicken stock and the orange juice, and the cranberries; bring to a boil, then cover and reduce heat to simmer.
- Cook until all the liquid has evaporated (15-18 minutes)
- Remove cover and fluff with fork.
- Stir in the pine nuts, the orange zest, and the salt and pepper to taste. Serve.
Tips: For Nut-free version: replace the pine nuts with sunflower seeds. This is also nice served chilled or at room temperature.