- Makes: 6-8 Servings
- Ready In: 18 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 8-10 mins
There is nothing like fresh apples. With their beautiful white color and gentle, sweet flavor, they make an excellent solid food for your baby.
- Calories: 117
- Fat: g
- Protein: 1g
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 24g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 pounds apples (4 large apples)
- Wash and peel the apples. Core and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Steam the apple pieces for 8 to 10 minutes, or until soft (a sharp knife will pass easily through the pieces). Fruit that is not completely ripe will need to steam longer. Reserve the liquid from the steamer.
- Transfer the steamed apple pieces to a food processor and puree until smooth.
- Add the reserved liquid (if necessary) in scant 1⁄8-cup increments until the puree reaches the desired consistency and smoothness.