- Makes: 10 Servings
- Ready In: 2 hrs 30 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 2 hrs 20 mins
When your family is hungry for barbecue, these ribs will fit the bill. Flavorful and hearty they will be a treat to your taste buds. So good they will have you gnawing on the bones.
- Calories: 561
- Fat: 37g
- Protein: 33g
- Sodium: 386mg
- Carbohydrates: 15g
- Sugar: 13g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 8 oz. pomegranate juice
2 T. fresh lemon juice
2 T. sugar
1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
2 tablespoons chipotle peppers, chopped very fine
8 oz. tomato sauce
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon onion powder
1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
3 lbs baby back ribs
- Combine pomegranate juice, lemon juice and sugar in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil then quickly reduce to the heat to low. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture reduces to a syrup consistency that coats your spoon. (By the way…what you’ve just created is called pomegranate molasses, which can be used in many different recipes).
- Add the rest of the ingredients to saucepan, and continue to simmer until mixture thickens to a bbq sauce consistency. Meanwhile…
- Place your ribs on a large baking sheet covered with two sheets of foil. Place two more sheets of foil over ribs, then crimp sides together.
- Place ribs in oven and bake at 300 degrees for an hour and a half.
- Take ribs out of oven and cut into pieces, about two ribs per piece; drain fat off pan.
- Toss each piece in sauce and place back on foil.
- Pour remaining sauce over ribs and place back in oven. Bake, uncovered, for another 30 – 60 minutes, until ribs are cooked through and very tender. Of course, you can do the same thing on your grill, unless you’re lazy like me and don’t feel like dragging it out!
Serve with potatoes and veggies, along with some delicious fresh bread.
Print or email this post: