- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 20 mins
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 15 mins
This recipe combines a simple blend of fruit flavors that’s easy to make. Another hit from Cookus Interruptus
- Calories: 137
- Fat: 1g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 65mg
- Carbohydrates: 30g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 22g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- ½ cup pomegranate juice
2 tablespoons mirin
2 tablespoons unrefined cane sugar
2 bosc pears
2 tablespoons water
1 teaspoon kuzu or arrowroot
½ cup mascarpone
2 tablespoons sour cream
1-2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup
½ teaspoon vanilla
- Combine juice, mirin and sugar in a 2-quart saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to a simmer.
- Stir constantly, until crystals dissolve completely, about 2 minutes.
- Halve and core the pears.
- Add fruit to pan, face down, turn heat to a very low simmer, cover and poach until tender, about 10 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove fruit from pan, set aside. Keep the poaching liquid in the pan.
- Combine starch with water in a small bowl.
- Bring poaching liquid to a simmer.
- Stir starch mixture into poaching liquid, stirring constantly. As soon as mixture thickens and clears, remove from heat.
- Mix together mascarpone, sour cream, sweetener and vanilla in a small bowl.
- To serve, place some sauce and ½ pear on a small plate or in a bowl and put a dollop of mascarpone cream in the hollow of each pear.