- Makes: 2 pizzas
- Ready In: 40 mins
- Prep Time: 20 mins
- Cook Time: 20-22 mins
This is a recipe that’s fun for the whole family to make — kids love that feeling of making something from scratch. Make it healthier by using whole wheat flour and topping with tasty veggies. Make designs on the pizza to make the toppings seem even more appealing.
- Calories: 170
- Fat: 4g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 258mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 pkg. or 1 Tablespoon yeast (I like to use quick-rise)
1 cup warm water
2 1/2 cups whole wheat flour, divided
2 Tablespoons Olive Oil or vegetable oil.
1 tsp. salt.
- Soften yeast in the warm water.
- Stir in 1 1/2 cups of the flour.
- Mix in the oil and salt.
- Stir in the remaining flour and knead until smooth.
- Add a little more flour if necessary until it is smooth and elastic.
- Place in a lightly greased bowl, turning to bring the greased side up.
- Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Punch down dough after it has risen and break it into two pieces.
- Roll each one out on a floured surface and place on a pizza pan.
Tip: To help the dough rise more easily, I take the bowl containing the dough and place the whole bowl into a larger bowl that I have filled with warm water. This warms the bottom of the dough bowl and helps it rise more easily.
Tip: I pre-bake the crusts for 10 min. in a 375 degree oven then remove the crusts from the oven and put the pizza ingredients on top. Return to the oven and bake an additional 10-12 minutes or until your cheese is nice and melted.
Print or email this post: