- Makes: 6 1/2 cups (4 Servings)
- Ready In: 25 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 15-20 mins
Perfect for an Italian dinner your family will love.
- Calories: 420
- Fat: 26g
- Protein: 17g
- Sodium: 1106mg
- Carbohydrates: 31g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 7g
- Cholesterol: 53mg
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 ounces (3/4 cup) sundried tomatoes, julienned
5 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
1/4 cup olive oil
8 ounces penne pasta
4 ounces portabella mushrooms, sliced
3 cups fresh broccoli florets, cut into bite-sized pieces
4 ounces Kalamata Olives or other black olives
4 ounces Pasteurized feta cheese
2 ounces Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Put the sundried tomatoes and chopped garlic in a small bowl and pour the olive oil over them. Let them stand at least 30 minutes before cooking, or overnight, to allow the tomatoes to reconstitute and the oil to become flavored. If you allow the flavors to marry for longer than 4 hours, put them in the refrigerator.
- Cook the penne according to package directions in a very large cooking pot.
- While the pasta is cooking, begin cooking the sauce.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat, and add the tomato-garlic-oil mixture to the pan. Sauté for 1 minute.
- Add the mushrooms and broccoli and sauté over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until the broccoli is tender but still crisp—about 5 or 6 minutes. If the mixture appears to be dry, add ¼ cup water during the cooking process.
- When the pasta is al dente, drain the water and pour the penne back into the cooking pot.
- Add the tomato, garlic, broccoli, and mushrooms to the pasta.
- Gently stir in the olives and feta cheese. Mix thoroughly.
- Divide into four servings and sprinkle Parmesan on each serving (if desired).
Print or email this post: