- Makes: 4-6 Servings
- Ready In: 40 mins
- Prep Time: 20-25 mins
- Cook Time: 20-25 mins
This recipe maintains the core flavors of artichoke hearts and sweet tomatoes wrapped in a tangy vinaigrette, but has added toasted pine nuts for crunch, as well as some lemon juice to crank up the flavor. In addition to being great to serve your family, it is a tasty side dish to serve at luncheons and makes a nice addition to any buffet table.
- Calories: 329
- Fat: 19g
- Protein: 8g
- Sodium: 203mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 8g
- Sugar: 1g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 1/2 c. orzo
4 T. pine nuts, toasted
1 10oz. package of frozen artichoke hearts, thawed
1/3 c. olive oil
4 T. red-wine vinegar
Handful of cherry tomatoes, halved
Zest of one lemon
Juice of 1/2 lemon
Salt & Pepper to taste
- Cook orzo in a pot of salted boiling water accordingly to package directions.
- Whisk together olive oil, vinegar and lemon zest in a bowl, set aside.
- Toast the pine nuts, be careful not to let them burn.
- Halve the cherry tomatoes and set aside in a separate bowl.
- Take the thawed artichoke hearts and cut them into quarters. You can add as many, or as little, of the artichoke hearts to the salad as you like to suit your tastes.
- Once the orzo is cooked, drain it and put in a large bowl.
- First, add the artichoke hearts and pine nuts and mix it around. Then, add the tomatoes and give the salad another few stirs.
- Pour over the vinaigrette and gently mix it in until fully incorporated.
- Finally, add the lemon juice and mix it into the salad.
- Add salt & pepper to taste. Can be served warm or cold.