- Makes: 6 Servings
- Ready In: 45 mins
- Prep Time: 15-20 mins
- Cook Time: 30-45 mins
A scrumptious blend of basil, bacon, and Portabella.
- Calories: 540
- Fat: 35g
- Protein: 16g
- Sodium: 538mg
- Carbohydrates: 35g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 3g
- Cholesterol: 61mg
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 9 inch pie crust
2 tablespoons butter
1 medium onion
1 teaspoon sweet basil
6 ounces Portabella mushroom, diced fine
4 pieces bacon, cooked and crumbled
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup heavy cream
2 ounces sharp cheedar cheese, shredded
1 ounce pepper jack cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Bake pie crust just until brown, about 10 minutes.
- Sauté the onion, bacon and Portabella mushroom in the butter until the Portabella is soft.
- Spread the Onion, bacon and Portabella evenly over crust.
- Spread the Cheddar and Pepper Jack cheese evenly over the onion, bacon and Portabella.
- Mix together the milk, cream, sweet basil and egg and pour over the cheese.
- Bake 30 to 40 minutes, or until set.
Tip: This wonderfully rich pie can serve 8 with a large side salad. This reduces the calories to 405. To further reduce the calories (and make it vegetarian) cut out the bacon and use half and half instead of heavy whipping cream. This creates a delicious brunch entree with only 341 calories.