- Makes: 2-3 Servings
- Ready In: 12 mins
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 7-9 mins
As long as you have a loaf of bread, almost any combination of ingredients can form a panini. In this instance prepare yourself for warm, oozy mozzarella. The flavors of this sandwich are perfect. Instead of using anything too heavy just drizzle the inside of the bread with olive oil and a sprinkling of balsamic vinegar. The dreamy mozzarella perfectly offsets the sweet vegetables and salty jamon. You can find comfort in every single bite.
- Calories: 358
- Fat: 10g
- Protein: 21g
- Sodium: 620mg
- Carbohydrates: 46g
- Fiber: 12g
- Sugar: 9g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 4 slices of fresh sourdough bread
6 slices of fresh lightly salted mozzarella
2 thinly sliced pieces of spanish jamon (or prosciutto if jamon is unavailable)
4 slices of roasted vegetables, any kind you want (we had slices of roasted red pepper, squash, zucchini and eggplant)
- Preheat panini maker and lightly brush plates with olive oil. If you don't have a panini maker you can use a simple griddle pan, or even a skillet. Just be sure to have a wide spatula to press the sandwich down with while it toasts.
- On one slice of sourdough bread drizzle it lightly with olive oil. Then sprinkle it with balsamic vinegar.
- Cover this slice of bread with a layer of jamon.
- Then, over the jamon, place a layer of roasted vegetables, allowing the vegetables to overlap slightly.
- Finally, place three slices of mozzarella on top of the vegetables. Top with second slice of bread.
- Place sandwich on the panini maker and toast until the bread is crispy and cheese is fully melted.
Variations: Everyone loves a warm sandwich and this one fits the bill. I encourage you to explore the flexibility of this recipe. Try different vegetables or cheeses, or, if you are a vegetarian you can omit the meat altogether.