- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 27 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 17-20 mins
This dish couldn’t be easier to make, and you’ll love the taste of the buckwheat Japanese Soba Noodle. Soba is protein rich, making this a balanced meal for baby.
- Calories: 108
- Fat: 7g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 145mg
- Carbohydrates: 11g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 2g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1/3 package of dry soba noodles (optional)
1 pound fresh green beans
2 small clove garlic, minced or grated with a fine Microplane®
1/4 -1/2 teaspoon of fresh ginger, or grated with a fine Microplane®
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
1 tablespoon low sodium soy sauce or wheat-free tamari
- Break up soba noodles as you drop them into the boiling water and cook noodles according to package. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the green beans by trimming the ends and cut on bias to 1 inch length.
- Steam the green beans for 10 minutes (longer to get them soft if you are going to puree for baby).
- In a large pan or wok, heat oil on medium heat. Add garlic and ginger sautéing for 1 minute. Add toasted sesame oil and soy sauce, stir for 30 seconds. Add in green beans and stir until coated.
- If adding noodles – add in cooked noodles at the end. Toss to combine.