- Makes: 5 Servings
- Ready In: 24 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 14-16 mins
Everyone loves this classic Italian-inspired dish—it’s packed full of flavor! You can use linguine or even orzo for younger toddlers still learning how to chew.
- Calories: 160
- Fat: 12g
- Protein: 3g
- Sodium: 745mg
- Carbohydrates: 12g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 4g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1⁄2 box pinwheel pasta, or any pasta you like
1⁄4 cup olive oil, plus more for pasta
1 cup sun-dried tomatoes, diced
1⁄2 cup cherry tomatoes, diced
1⁄2 small jar capers with the juice (approximately 1⁄3 cup)
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
1⁄2 cup fresh basil, chopped
2 pinches of ground red pepper
2 pinches of sea salt
Freshly ground black pepper
1⁄2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring a big pot of water to a boil. Add a little salt and a splash of olive oil.
- When the water is at a rolling boil, add the pasta. Cook for 7 or 8 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- Heat the 1⁄4 cup oil in a medium skillet over high heat. When the oil is hot, reduce the heat to medium. Add the tomatoes, capers, garlic, oregano, basil, red pepper, salt, and black pepper to taste.
- Mix together and cook for 7 or 8 minutes, or until the flavors blend well.
- Add the tomato mixture to the pasta. Stir in the cheese.
- Serve warm topped with a little more grated cheese.