- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 20 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10-15 mins
The beef is mixed with sour cream and fresh herbs, topped with grilled red onions, and served on a toasted whole wheat bun. Oh my. These burgers are good. The sour cream gives the meat a cool flavor and the herbs add a springtime touch.
- Calories: 384
- Fat: 17g
- Protein: 28g
- Sodium: 550mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 7g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 pound ground beef (grass-fed preferred)
2 tablespoons sour cream
1 teaspoon fresh thyme, minced
1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, minced
1 teaspoon parsley
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/2 teaspoon sea salt
1 red onion, cut into 1/4-inch thick slices
2 teaspoons coconut oil
4 whole wheat hamburger buns
Condiments of your choice
- Gently massage ground beef, sour cream, thyme, rosemary, parsley, black pepper, and salt until just incorporated.
- Divide meat into four portions. Flatten each portion to 3/4-inch thick.
- Gently press center of patty down to create a slight depression, about 1/2-inch diameter.
- Cover and chill patties 1 hour and up to 8 hours.
- Coat red onion slices with coconut oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Remove patties from refrigerator and grill to desired doneness.
- While the patties are grilling, also grill the onion slices until lightly charred.
- Serve hamburger on whole wheat bun and topped with red onions and any condiments of your choice.
Print or email this post: