- Makes: 9 Servings
- Ready In: 1 hr 5 mins
- Prep Time: 10-15 mins
- Cook Time: 55-60 mins
If you are craving pasta and want to go meatless, try this tasty mushroom and spinach lasagna. It is fairly easy to make, has very little clean up, and tastes fantastic. If you usually love meat lasagna you will love this as the mushrooms are a hearty source of protein.
- Calories: 352
- Fat: 16g
- Protein: 24g
- Sodium: 457mg
- Carbohydrates: 25g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 11g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
8 oz button mushrooms, sliced
1/2 sweet yellow onion, diced
5 cloves of garlic, minced
1-2 tbsp fresh basil, chopped
1/2 tsp dried oregano
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
1 (15 oz) container ricotta cheese
2 tbsp of Parmesan cheese
1 1/2 cups of baby spinach leaves (or more if you like)
6-7 lasagna noodles (I used no boil noodles)
2 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded (divided)
3 1/2 cups of marinara sauce (homemade or store bought)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- In a skillet over medium heat, cook the mushrooms and onion for 10-15 minutes or until tender; add the garlic and cook for 60 seconds, stirring frequently. Season with sea salt and freshly cracked pepper.
- In a large bowl, add ricotta, egg, 1/2 cup of mozzarella cheese, Parmesan cheese, oregano, fresh chopped basil, sea salt and freshly cracked pepper to taste. Combine until mixed thoroughly.
- Layer a 8 x 8 inch baking pan with just enough of your favorite pasta sauce to cover the bottom of the pan.
- Lay two lasagna noodles in the pan. Spread some of the ricotta mixture on the noodles, then spoon some of the mushroom mixture on top, finish by layering some spinach leaves on top; repeat layering.
- Finish with a layer of noodles and more sauce.
- Sprinkle with the remaining mozzarella cheese then top with a dash of dried basil.
- Bake covered in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 30 minutes.
- Uncover and bake for 15 minutes. Enjoy.