- Makes: 6 Servings
- Ready In: 20 mins
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10-15 mins
Normally, mashed potatoes evoke thoughts of coziness, warmth, and comfort, but also indulgence and guilt! In this recipe, you get all the benefits of comfort food, but no guilt! Surprisingly, this delicious version involves no milk or butter and yet retains its creamy, satisfying nature thanks to the Yukon Gold potatoes.
- Calories: 211
- Fat: 1g
- Protein: 8g
- Sodium: 1075mg
- Carbohydrates: 43g
- Fiber: 4g
- Sugar: 2g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 6 large Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and cut into large chunks
1 box chicken broth
1-2 cups water
3-5 cloves garlic
Pinch salt and pepper
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes in pot with broth, a bit of salt and garlic cloves.
- Add water to cover two inches above the potatoes.
- Bring potatoes to a boil and cook until soft but not falling apart.
- Drain most of the liquid into a large measuring cup.
- Smash potatoes with a hand masher, whisk or with electric beaters.
- Add Parmesan cheese and extra broth/water until you reach desired consistency.
- Finish with fresh cracked black pepper.
Print or email this post: