- Makes: 4 Servings
- Ready In: 21 mins
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 6 mins
You will love the simply seasoned chicken mixed with the crunchy jicama, red pepper, and onion. The spicy pineapple dressing is AMAZING! This salad is perfect in flavor, texture and taste… your whole family will enjoy it.
Adapted from Cooking Light July 2010.
- Calories: 327
- Fat: 18g
- Protein: 23g
- Sodium: 61mg
- Carbohydrates: 17g
- Fiber: 5g
- Sugar: 9g
Nutritional Information (per serving)
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Chili powder, to taste
Sea salt and freshly cracked pepper, to taste
8 cups of red leaf, green leaf, and romaine lettuce, chopped
3/4 cup jicama, peeled and julienne-cut
1 small red bell pepper, julienne-cut
1 small orange bell pepper, julienne-cut
1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
Spicy Pineapple Dressing:
1 1/4 cups of cubed fresh pineapple, divided
2 tbsp fresh cilantro, chopped
2 tbsp fresh orange juice
4 tsp apple cider vinegar
1 tsp jalapeño, diced
1 large clove of garlic, minced
1/4 cup of olive oil
- Heat the grill pan coated with cooking spray over medium high heat.
- Place the chicken between 2 sheets of saran wrap, and pound to an even thickness using a meat mallet.
- Sprinkle each side with sea salt, freshly cracked pepper, and chili powder, to taste.
- Place the chicken in the hot pan and cook for 3 minutes on each side or until done.
- Remove from pan; set aside to allow the meat to rest.
- Combine half of the pineapple, cilantro, orange juice, vinegar, jalapeño, and garlic in a food processor; process until smooth.
- With the processor on, gradually add the olive oil until well blended.
- Slice the chicken into bite size pieces.
- Combine the remaining pineapple, jicama, bell pepper, red onion, chicken, and lettuce in a bowl.
- Drizzle with the dressing, and toss until evenly coated.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy.
Print or email this post: